VISION To be the Ministry with the Highest contribution to sustainable national, social and economic growth (measured by GDP contribution), through creating a conducive environment for natural resource beneficiation, in the region MISSION STATEMENT The Ministry of Natural Resources and Energy is an equal opportunity organization, whose mission is to ensure sustainable development, use and management of natural resources (land, minerals, water and energy) and provides surveying, mapping, land and real rights registration and valuation services , to the public and private sector in a transparent manner for socio-economic benefit of the Kingdom of Swaziland.
VALUES The Ministry of Natural Resources and Energy (MNRE) as it strives to accomplish its mission and attain its long term vision, has put forth the following values as its guiding principles:-
• Integrity : We are committed to zero tolerance to corruption. Our integrity will be displayed to our stakeholders.
• Innovation: In the spirit of continuous improvements, we will develop new improved products/services to our customers ever increasing and changing needs.
• Professionalism: We will act professionally in all our dealings. We will recruit and develop well-trained work force in which job competence, performance and succession stability are the key objectives.
• Commitment: We are dedicated to providing our customers with relatively affordable quality products and services
• Responsibility: We are committed to discharging itself responsibly in all its interactions with all its stakeholders. The MNRE is committed to avoid harming the environment in any foreseeable manner.
• Accountability We are committed to delivering its shareholder performance requirements and always accept responsibility for its actions.
• Transparency Our activities shall be open to scrutiny by all the relevant stakeholders and this shall not compromise confidentiality.
OBJECTIVES The MNRE has envisioned objective as drivers of its business to propel and foster the aforementioned visioned and mission. The following strategic objectives are elucidated for the provision and management of resources for ensuring the optimal land use, mineral exploration, adequate water and energy to meet national aspirations:-
• To set goals and strategies to facilitate the coordination and implementation of Government priorities as outlined in the NDS, PRSAP, MDGs and other national priorities within the Ministry’s portfolio. • To develop, review and operationalise relevant policies ensuring optimal utilization of natural resources. • To provide general management of land, minerals, water and energy resources. • To provide surveying, mapping, land and real rights registration and valuation services for Government and other public entities. • To provide facilities for ensuring access to sustainable energy and security of energy supply. • To ensure optimal development, management and supply of adequate water resources in a sustainable manner. • To explore and identify mineral targets with economic potential. • To ensure extraction and value addition to mineral resources for sustainable development and; • To develop relative policies, collect and maintain an up to-date database on land and natural resources.