|Ministry of Health Milestones|
The Health Sector is committed to providing quality health services that are aimed at reducing the diseases burden in the country, improving the health system capacity, and effective allocation of resources. A number of interventions were implemented to reach those objectives that are outlined in the National Health Policy and operationalised by the National Health Sector Strategic Plan. Even though the financial challenges were still prevalent the sector was able to realise a number of milestones. These milestones include:
• Finalisation of Human Resources for Health Policy and Strategic Plan
• The Phalala Fund office is now functional at the Mbabane Government Hospital and the posts of the Phalala fund administrator, 2 nurses, 1 driver and 1 orderly positions were also filled.
• 8 of 9 Regional pharmacies now have computerized stock management system installed.
• Submission of Tobacco Products Control, Medicines and Related Substances, Pharmacy Bill, and Nursing Bills to parliament.
• Near Completion of Lubombo Hospital Phase 1