The Swaziland National Council of Arts and Culture, is an administrative organization, under the Ministry of Sports Culture and Youth Affairs, with delegated powers, to Preserve, Promote and Co-Ordinate all matters of Arts and Culture, in the Kingdom, of Swaziland, supervised by the Directorate Office under the Ministry.
Location and professional Services
• The Swaziland National Council of Arts and Culture offices are housed under the Mall, office suite s211-213 second floor, Nkoseluhlaza street. • Council Bankers are the Standard Bank Chartered, Stanlib and African Alliance. • Council Accountants- Financial Investments and Professional Services( FIPS) • Council Auditors are Price Water House Coopers • Insurance Brokers are Imphilo Yami Insurance Brokers • Legal Advisors- Mdladla & Associates Attorneys
The Council has as members, the different art codes under its umbrella, specializing in the different art codes, namely:
• The Performing Arts( Music, Theatre, Dance& Beauty Pageants) • Visual Arts ( Fine Arts, Craft, film & Television) • Literary Arts ( Book Writing and Publication)
The Council currently has a six member staff, with 4 departments: Namely Administration, Development, Accounts and Marketing.
The Council’s Controlling Officer is the Chief Executive Officer, aided by the support staff and the Executive Board’s sub-committees, namely: Personnel, Development and Finance committees. The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Executive Board, who in-turn reports to the Ministry of Sports Culture and Youth Affairs through the Office of the Director of Culture.
The current Members of the Council are:
1. The Association of Swaziland Theatre Groups ( ASTG) 2. Association of Christian Artists of Swaziland ( ACASWA) 3. Swaziland Arts and Music Association ( SWAMA) 4. Independent Producers Association( IPAS) 5. Imigidvo Yesintfu KaNgwane 6. Swaziland National Umbholoho Association (SNUA) 7. Swaziland Traditional Instruments Players Music Association ( STIMA) 8. Swaziland Schools Culture Association (SSCA) 9. Swaziland Beauty Pageant Association ( SBPA) 10. Swaziland Visual Arts Network ( VANS) 11. Umdlandla Writers and Authors Association) 12. Beading Association 13. Pottery Association 14. Craft Association 15. Sculptures 16. Painters 17. Designers 18. Weavers
How to become a member
• SNCAC endorses its recognition of a national arts and culture association if on applying submits all the required information namely • Proof of registration • Copy of constitution • Minutes of inaugural meetings • Proof of existence of an office • List of the Association’s membership
Affiliates submit their proposals for funding to the Council quarterly, in March, June, September & December annually. Funding
• In 1999 the Council received its first subvention from Government • The Ministry of Sports, Culture and Youth Affairs is currently, the sole benefactor • Before the Government financial year begins, SNCAC submits its annual budget • It is then put into the long list of annual commitments, deliberated upon and subsequently approved in Parliament.
Director of Arts & Culture Phinda W. Nkosi P. O. Box 4843 Mbabane H100 Direct line: 2404 5214 Fax line: 2404 1333 Cell number: 7602 4414