1. ASPECTS OF VISION 2022 Back to top
Human Resource Development and utilisation in the kingdom of Swaziland will be based on a single comprehensive Human Resource Plan that is acceptable to all stakeholders.
2. SITUATION ANALYSIS Back to top
2.1 Recent History
The Human Resources and Development Department, which used to be called the Manpower Development Department was part and parcel of the then Department of Establishments and Training which was established to cater for the training and development of all public servants, and was also responsible for Localisation in the country.
In 1996, in terms of Legal Notice 194, Human Resource and Development was allocated to the Ministry of Public Service and Information and later in terms of Legal Notice No.25 of 2009 the National Human Resource Planning function was transferred to the Ministry of Labour and Social Security, and the Human Resource Development function remained with the Ministry of Public Service.
In 2003 the Human Resource and Development Department started co-ordinating the Public Sector response to the HIV/AIDS pandemic since this has a bearing on the management and development of Human Resources in the Public Service. The Human Resource and Development Department continued to coordinate the Public Sector response to the HIV/AIDS response until December 2009.
2.2 Current Mandate, objectives, roles and functions of the Department
2.3 Service Provided
The functions of the Department include, improving service delivery in the coordination and management of Human Resource Training and Development as guided by the Training and Development Policy of 2000.
Services provided can be summarised as follows:
2.3.1 Scholarship Awards
2.3.2 Procedure for Scholarship Awards and Study Loans
Donor Funded Scholarships Available for 2011/2012 Back to top
1. Australian Scholarship for January 2012 Intake
i Priority Areas
• Applicants should be from Swaziland Government
• Applicants are required to possess, as a minimum , a four year Bachelors degree from Swaziland at minimum or upper second class level and at least four years post- graduation work experience
• Applicants must be less than 50 years at the time of application.
• For more Information visit www.adsafrica.com.ac
2. Africa Capacity Building Foundation ( ACBF) ( Zimbabwe) Back to top
3. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Back to top
• Applicants must not be older than 36 years at the time of admission.
• For more information visit www.ubotho.net
4. Malaysia International Scholarship Back to top
• Provide scholarships for the following priority areas:
• Applicants should have high level academic achievement
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English Language
• The Quality of research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human being.
• For more information visit www.mohe.gov.my
5. University of Zambia (Economics Department) Back to top
• Applicants are required to hold a Bachelor of arts degree preferably with a major in Economics or any other relevant field with accredit or its equivalent from a recognized University
• Applicants should also have a three year professional work experience in the Public Sector
• For more information visit www.unza.zm or www.epmzambia.co.za
6. Taiwan Scholarships Back to top
• Provides the following scholarships
• Applicants be 18 years of age or older
• Applicants should possess a high school diploma or above
• For more information please visit www.icdf.org.tw/TSP/Register.aspx
7 .Thailand Government (National Institute of Development Administration) Back to top
• For more information please visit www.nida.ac.th
8. The Association of Commonwealth Universities Scholarships Back to top
• Applicants apply for various programmes from various Universities from Commonwealth countries such as:
9. Turkey Scholarships Back to top
• Applicants should have a good level of a high school graduation degree
• Applicants should not be infected with a contagious disease
• Applicants should not have suspended graduation and not be older than 25 years on the date of application
10. Cuba Scholarships Back to top
• Applicants should have a maximum of 25 years old
• Applicants should be physically healthy.
11. The Arab Republic of Egypt Back to top
• Applicants should have studied atleast 8 subjects in high school
• Applicants should not be more than 4 years passed since the obtaining of High School Certificate
• Applicants should have a minimum degree required for the college he/ she is applying for .
Short term Sponsorship Back to top