Hon. Minister Appolo Maphalala Profile

Honourable Appolo Maphalala was born in 1976, in Nkiliji in the Manzini region of Eswatini. He began his professional career in 2001, covering Government, local Government and non-Governmental sectors before becoming the Honourable Minister of Housing and Development.

Hon. Maphalala completed his high school at Ekukhanyeni High School in 1994 and in the following year, enrolled at the then University of Swaziland (now Eswatini), where he eventually obtained a Bachelor of Arts Social Sciences, majoring in Public Administration and Geography as well as Environmental Science and Planning. He landed his first job in 2001, under a programme jointly run by the Deputy Prime Minister’s Office and UNICEF, serving as Executive Secretary for Community Action for Child Rights. In 2002, Hon. Maphalala became CEO of Pigg’s Peak Town Council, a role he held until 2006, when he moved jobs to become Area Development Programme (ADP) Manager at World Vision.

In 2007, the Honourable Minister switched industries, getting into sport to become Chief Operations Officer for the Eswatini 2010 FIFA World Cup Technical Committee. In 2011, he took up a role as Health Systems Strengthening (HSS), Malaria & TB Grants Manager, under a programme jointly run by the Ministry of Health and Global Fund. Two years later, Hon. Maphalala landed his second CEO job, taking up leadership of Nhlangano Town Council. He left that job in 2021 to become CEO at yet another local Government authority, this time at Malkerns Municipality. This would prove to be his last job in local Government as in 2023, Hon. Maphalala contested in the National elections and was voted Member of Parliament (MP) by the people of Kukhanyeni Inkhundla. Then, on 13 November 2023, His Majesty King Mswati III appointed Hon. Maphalala as Minister of Housing and Development.

The Hon. Minister also holds a Master of Science (Leadership and Change Management) from Leeds Metropolitan University (UK) as well as a Certificate of Competence on Decentralisation in Africa, from the University of the Western Cape (South Africa). Hon. Maphalala has served as Chairperson of the Forum of Municipal CEOs for all urban localauthorities in Eswatini (2015—2023) as well as Chairperson of the Road Safety Council (2019-2022). He is a member of the National Executive Council for The Apostolic Church- Eswatini and is also Marriage Officer and Counsel.





Central Transport Administration of the Ministry of Public Works and Transport, invites Tenderers for the supply and delivery Firefighting equipment and specialised (emergency tender and rescue) vehicle. For Eswatini National Fire and Emergency Service

Tenders must be enclosed in a sealed envelope


The Outer envelope must be marked as follows:
“The Secretary to the Eswatini Government Tender Board
Treasury Building
P.O. Box 38

The Envelope must be clearly marked with the following words; “Tender for the Procurement of emergency Tender and Rescue Vehicle Tender number 39 of 2022/23 Do not open envelope before 24th June 2022 09:00Hrs”.

The invitation to tender can be obtained from The ministry of public Works and Transport office 53 from the 23rd May 2022. The documents cost (non-refundable) Three hundred Emalangeni (E300.00) only payable at the treasury Building. Mhlambanyatsi Road Mbabane Revenue Office under head 531/5004/21132

The completed tenders must be delivered to the offices of the Eswatini Government Tender Board Treasury Building, and Mhlambanyatsi Road Mbabane Eswatini. The tender document should comprise of one (1) Original document and six copies.

Dead line for submission of Tender
The dead line for submission of tender shall be 09:00hrs on the 24th June 2022. Late telegraphic electronic and faxed tenders will not be considered. Tenderers may attend the opening process.

Pre-tender Meeting
A compulsory Pre-Tender meeting shall be held on the 8th June 2022 at Eswatini Fire and Emergency Service conference room at 09:00 Hrs.

Tender opening
The following documents must accompany the Tender document

• The Tenderer shall furnish, as part of its Tender, an original insurance bond or original bank guarantee letter
a Tender Security of Emalangeni 50, 000.00 (fifty thousand Emalangeni).
• Form A - Life Cycle Costing.
• A certified copy of an official statement of the Directors, alternative directors, managers and auditors of the company (for local firms: Form ‘J’)
• A certified copy of an official statement of the annual summary of shares capital and shares (for local firms: Form ‘C’)
• Original General Receipt (E500.00)
• Original copy of Labour Compliance Certificate or equivalent
• Original Tax Clearance Certificate or equivalent
• Certified copy of Eswatini National Provident Fund Compliance or equivalent
• Manufacturer’s Authorization Certificate
• Certified copy of current trading licence or equivalent
• Certified certificate of incorporation or equivalent
• Police clearance certificate for all directors
• Certified VAT registration certificate

NB: Foreign Suppliers should provide equivalent
Documents to all of the documents above
The Government of Eswatini does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any proposal.

For further information please contact Ms Swane Dlamini

Processing land applications and transactions (Crown Grant);
Keep a database of all land transactions between government and the public;
Keep a record of all vacant government land;
Conduct site inspections on all government land usage;
Facilitate land allocations of all vacant government land;
Advise Principal Secretary on issues relating to urban land management;
Acquire land for government.

OffCanvas Menu